Pages

Sunday 23 March 2014

ExpectationsExpectations by Samantha Jayne Adkins
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a continuation of Pride and Prejudice.

Firstly, the book could have been better edited, and the formatting for a kindle improved.

Secondly some of the scenes felt rushed and would have be better to have been taken more slowly.

Though I generally liked the story, I felt the introduction of the 2 babies late in the book made the story go wrong for me -
It would seen Darcy had an older sister Olivia who has a son Henry. We are not told if a marriage took place but Darcy makes him the heir.(?)

Then we have Darcy deciding that they will make Wickhams's son George the heir of Pemberley because he is older than Henry - wrong - to the extent that I exclaimed out loud 'that's stupid'. This is Wickham, a person hated by Darcy and who has no claim on Pemberley.

So the Darcys are going disinherit their future children for Wickham's son?

Then all this is forgotten! and George is just to be another nephew!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment