Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Murder with Majesty (Auguste Didier #10)Murder with Majesty by Amy Myers
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In the Spring of 1905 American heiress Getrude Pennyfather is all set to marry Lord of the Manor Arthur Montfoy at his estate of Farthing Court. A guest of the wedding will be Edward VII, and as the invited chef Auguste Didier.
Unfortunately all it not what it seems or who it seems and in consequence a murder is committed.
This brings Scotland Yard's Inspector Rose to Kent.
As this is actually Number 10 in the series there is some reference to previous stories but it can be read as a stand-alone.
It was an interesting story and I will probably want to read from the start of the series. Whether I get bored with the talk of French cuisine remains to be seen. Without them I would probably give the book 4 stars.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment