Pages

Monday 1 August 2016

Olmec Obituary: Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth (Elizabeth Pimms Series Book 1)Olmec Obituary: Dr Pimms, Intermillennial Sleuth by L.J.M. Owen
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Due to family financial constraint Australian Dr Elizabeth Pimms no longer works as archaeologist, but as a librarian. She is asked to work on her weekends, in the lab, on a new find from Mexico - A royal Olmec cemetery. But her suspicions are raised from the start.
I was really looking forward to reading this as I enjoy ancient and historical mysteries, but I didn't like the central character of Pimms. I also didn't find the back story concerning her family relevant or appealing. Though as this is a first in a series, the character hopefully will improve.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment