Pages

Tuesday 20 September 2016

Dearest Friends: A Jane Austen Inspired NovelDearest Friends: A Jane Austen Inspired Novel by Pamela Lynne
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In this second reading of this Pride and Prejudice variation (it seems I have the paperback and the Kindle copy) Darcy and Elizabeth are both staying in London, after the Netherfield Ball. Elizabeth because she feels betrayed by members of her family because of Mr. Collins and her rejection of his proposal, and so she is now living with the Gardiners.
Both are unhappy but a chance meeting may bring a start to a new understanding.
While some of the characters are not true to canon, I enjoyed their portrayal anyway. I enjoyed the storyline with the Fitzwilliams more than the Darcy/Elizabeth one. With all their faults shown in this book who can fail to love the Fitzwilliams. But my favourite part was Mary Bennet's story and how she was made to grow. More of her story I hope will be in the sequel.
So yes, I loved this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment