Pages

Sunday 1 January 2017

Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey: A WWI Pride & Prejudice Variation (Great War Romance, #2)Darcy's Hope at Donwell Abbey: A WWI Pride & Prejudice Variation by Ginger Monette
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It is now 1917 and the story continues. Unfortunately Elizabeth Bennet believes she is being hunted as a spy but fortune lands her as a nurse to Captain Darcy. There are now many obstacles to prevent a happy ending, only time will tell.
I really enjoyed this story, and liked the characters, new and old. An interesting read even though we were taken through the trauma of the battlefields of the war.
I didn't feel that I was missing out because I hadn't read the first book though I think it would preferable to have done so. It only means that I need to do that soon, and then re-read this book.
Anything I didn't like? Would have loved more of Colonel Fitzwilliam but that is just a personal preference.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment