Pages

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Cruel Winter (County Cork #5)Cruel Winter by Sheila Connolly
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

When a snow storm arrives in the area Maura Donovan plays host to a variety of people in her pub, one of which was a suspect in a murder twenty years previously. So to keep the customers occupied while they are snowed in, the murder is discussed looking for a motive and the real killer.
This is the first in the series that I have read, I don't think it is necessary to have read the previous books.
I found the telling to be too long winded and slow, with a repetition of information. Also Maura seemed to be totally unprepared for winter and a running a pub, and I didn't find the characters that plausible. I can't imagine that I will be reading any of the other books.
A NetGalley Book

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment